FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE Available
The FreeBSD Team released a new FreeBSD version, 8.0.
What’s new in this version?
– A new virtualization container named “vimage” has been implemented. This is a jail with a virtualized instance of the FreeBSD network stack and can be created by using jail(8) command.
– Xen Dom-U, VirtualBox guest and host, hierarchical jails.
– NFSv3 GSSAPI support, experimental NFSv4 client and server.
– The ZFS file system has been updated to version 13. The changes include ZFS operations by a regular user, L2ARC, ZFS Intent Log on separated disks (slog), sparse volumes, and so on.
– The wireless network support layer (net80211) now supports multiple BSS instances on the supported network devices.
– Gnome 2.26.3, KDE 4.3.1.
See the detailed releas notes to see in depth what was changed from 7.0-RELEASE.
You can buy cds/dvd here.
Or download it using torrents or directly from a mirror.
Or you can upgrade your remote server with freebsd-update(8). (read the man of your current FreeBSD version!!).
And enjoy FreeBSD!